Sunday 19 February 2012

Last days before class




The last few days were relatively uneventful.  The weather wasn’t so nice this weekend so we weren’t able to going camping in the mountains, but hopefully we can this coming weekend.  I did try teaching the Australians and Koreans here how to play a game of knockout… but that was quite unsuccessful, in-spite of one person having seen it played in a movie once….

I would say one of my top embarrassing moments occurred this weekend though.  It was Friday after dinner, and a bunch of us were shooting around at the hoop outside of the dining hall. I had foolishly chosen to wear cargo shorts…I deked my man and went for a layup, a little bit overzealous on my approach. I left the ground and all I heard was a rip.  Yea, it was my shorts….right up the crotch…which was followed by a very long walk back to my flat.


 I drove home from church today!!   It was ridiculous.  I hopped behind the wheel, super eager to go, flipped the switch to signal that I’m pulling out…and the windshield wipers turn on.  Yea that’s on the other side too. I got to my first turn and apparently forgot about staying on the left and had to veer across the oncoming lanes, to the chorus of screams coming from the back of the vehicle.  It was pretty smooth sailing from that point, but definitely is different enough to mess with ya.  

I ended my day with learning to play ping-pong Korean style.  I’m not too bad at it actually. Now were about to put together a worship session tonight for some people on campus.  So yea, relatively uneventful, but it is always good to have a chill weekend before the start of classes.
Here's a couple pictures of part of the gang having dinner tonight.  Dennis (the guy with the long hair) and I cooked it up.  It was curry rice with eggs and parsley.  The reason it is all in one bowl is that it was the night for the guys to do the dishes….(this is also evidence that I have made friends, to all those who think i make this stuff up....*ehhm..cassie...ehhm*)
 
Oh, we also talked about the presence of miraculous signs and gifts among believers till like 2 AM this morning. It sure was awesome to hear all these different cultural viewpoints on the topic.   How does the Spirit of God move among His people? It’s hard for me to take a more conservative view on this just because it doesn’t seem that if such an amazing God exists, that he wouldn’t miraculously move among his followers.  God is supernatural, why should I be so hesitant to believe in supernatural happenings amidst his church? Wouldn’t he express his presence in supernatural ways? Anyway, really just something to think about.

3 comments: