Friday 10 February 2012

Great Start to life here



.... Missed my flight. Gahhh. It was an interesting process that led up to it at least.  It started with me waiting in line for about an hour to go through passport control, which was slightly due to the fact that they only had 5 lanes open for the several hundred people that jut had to get on line when I did. The nerve. So I get through that and I'm thinking I'm home free... Well not quite yet. Baggage pick up and the customs. I grab my three bags feeling like a full fledge woman with so many (thanks mom), and look for the line to go through customs. Well of course that line is nearing a thousand people long and they had only three lanes open this time!!!! So I zig-zagged my way through the queue maze knocking down the a total of 5 ropes cuz I can't quite figure out how to manage 3 bags {thanks again mom :) } looking like a classic dork as I do it I might add. So finally it's my turn, I have twenty mins till my plane leaves, and the guard sends me through another line so a drug dog can sniff my bags.  the dog does its job and then its race time for me. Im weaving through the crowds of people, flinging out apologies left and right for assaulting people with my outta control luggage. I followed the right signs and it led me to a uphill moving sidewalk... That was not functioning...So I gather a full head of steam and blast up the walkway, my luggage just wide enough that it could create a significant amount of friction just to spite me. As I'm about half way up an Asian man in uniform runs halfway down at me muttering something about stupidity and me...  I got to the top and made a quick turn and started running-ish, only to realize I'm going the wrong way..so i turned around and frantically dashed to the Qantas counter.  With my luggage deciding it just hasn't knocked enough queue ropes down, I erratically made it to the front desk. At this point I had sweat dripping from every pore due to the three rolling bags, the backpack strapped uncomfortable to my back and the heavy fall jacket insulating my body too well.  I got to counter, so confused at this point that I was handing all of the wrong boarding passes to the attendant..Long story short, I was about 15 mins late.... Now I'm stuck here till 3. So im sitting in the waiting area dizzy from dehydration and lack of food..too bad the vending machine next too me is broken…and im too lazy to walk back to the food court.   Can't win em all I guess..
Peace


Acts 20:24

2 comments:

  1. Be thankful your mom didn't make you use pink or leopard print suitcases :)
    Glad you made it there safely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wouldnt put it past her either. she would reason it was easier to see or something...thanks!

      Delete