Monday 13 February 2012

Cattle duty!!


Today was the official beginning to Orientation week.  Classes don’t start until next, thank God for that because I am not quite ready for classes to begin.  Overall I just kinda bummed around in my room till orientation began at 4.  I seem to have stumbled across a head cold, which could likely be the result of such a dramatic change in living locations.

So here at Worldview the students pitch in around the campus to help keep costs down.  The administrator of the school creates a roster that has a several week rotation that is based on one’s assigned duty.  So tomorrow this city-slicker begins cattle duty on the farm.  I get to feed, herd, wrastle off crocs,  and overall tend to the cattle starting tomorrow.  I can’t explain how pumped I am.  Good thing I brought boots, cuz I would flip if I get cow crap on my kicks. Now every morning at 6 I get to lug my butt outta bed and head on over to the farm.  Guess I need to learn discipline somehow. Maybe I will come back to the states a good ole fashion wrangler….

Funny how I read from Hebrews 12 this morning on discipline from the Lord, I have a funny feeling He may be using this farm duty to help kill the habit of sloth I have formed in my life, either way I am crazy excited to see how God uses this experience to grow me.

Till later

1 comment: